Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CRICKET CLUB MEMBERS AND GUESTS
All members and guests of Merrimack Valley Cricket Club will:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of Cricket
- Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, color, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief
- Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed
- Display high standards of behavior
- Promote the positive aspects of Cricket e.g. fair play
- Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and rules and play within them, respecting the decisions of match officials
- Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials
- Do not engage in activities that tend to divide the club or cause misunderstanding between the members of the club. This involves engaging in spreading misinformation about the club or its management in external forums etc.
- Recognize good performance not just match results
- Place the well-being and safety of Young People above the development of performance
- Ensure that activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual
- Respect Young People’s opinions when making decisions about their participation in Cricket
- Not smoke, drink or use banned substances whilst actively working with Young People in the Club.
- Not provide Young People with alcohol when they are under the care of the Club
As a club, we take the above code very seriously. Any misdeeds will be taken up very strictly by the committee and appropriate action will be taken.